About Me

My photo
I'm an English teacher in Finland. My English blog Learninglish is, surprise surprise, about learning English - both for young and old, whether at school or studying at home, no matter where you live: in Germany or Argentina, in Kenya or Indonesia. Welcome aboard! The other blog, Bloggerin Enkkua, is about languages, cultures, learning and teaching in Finnish. Tervetuloa seuraamaan blogieni virtaa Bloggerin kautta!

Sunday 1 January 2012

Introduction to my blog

So, what's this blog all about? As it says on my profile, this blog is about learning English - both for young and old, whether at school or studying at home. I started my Finnish web page on WP (englantia.wordpress.com) a few years back but now I'll give Blogger a try and start a similar blog in English. So, if you're interested in watching different kinds of video clips to improve your English listening skills, reading articles on interesting topics to improve your reading ability, and playing some word games to learn new words, this is the place for you :) I would be delighted to get readers from different countries, so feel free to comment on posts and join the site! You can also follow this blog by email or different blog lists - see the right hand side. Also, like Learninglish on Facebook!

Here I'll gather English (or American, or Australian, or South-African.. ;) links to all kinds of different pages that can be helpful in learning English: sometimes to good blogs (because blogs are an excellent source to learn new words in context and the language people really use, cf. text books in schools), every now and then to some games (did you know that it's somehow similar to teach little children and adults: they both like word games and stuff (well, at least most of them)), occassionally to dictionaries (yes, they come in handy when reading blogs, for example) or articles related to cultures and travelling (I'm interested in both)

As all these links are public, you could find them yourself on the Net, too, but this is way easier for you; I've done all the searching and you can just focus on clicking :) 

I'd also love to make some interviews or at least post some stuff from my friends all over the world!

Yep, and the name Learninglish. Well, basically it's a combination of the big word learning and of the theme word of this blog, English. Also, there's this preposition in in the middle :)

Learninglish wasn't available blog address, though, so I had to think of something else. Now it implies in the address englishmisc.blogspot.com that this blog is about miscellaneous links to learning English (englishmix wasn't available, either..).

No comments: